Administrative Assistant/Receptionist/Health Coach Full Time Position
Peak Sports and Functional Medicine, Bellevue www.peakmedicine.com
Seeking an individual to do administrative work, reception/some medical billing and some health coaching and education to work full time as the front office lead in a Sports Medicine/Functional Holistic Medicine Medical clinic in South East Bellevue in the Bellefield Office Park.
You will do full time reception, administrative assistant as well as, editing, some medical billing and some health education work.
This is a long term position and we would like someone who can see themselves working more than one year.
There are many tasks and responsibilities in this job and we will provide training in all aspects of this job.
About our location Bellefield Office Park:We are in SE Bellevue near I-405 and I-90 off of the SE 8th exit of 405 in a beautiful office park surrounded by trees and a beautiful walking trail along the Mercer Slough river. There is a free fitness center and an amazing Dilettante Café next to our building. There are free bikes and kayaks on the property next to our building.
Job Perks:There are a lot of fascinating things you can learn by working at Peak Medicine. Learn about nutrition, supplements, vitamins, diets, stress management, holistic health, etc. Learn about the latest healthy food, protein bars, exercise, laser, microcurrent and health treatments. You will also have access to wholesale pricing on vitamins and supplements.
- Make appointments and educate new patients about our clinic, billing and financial policies and about our practice
- Help to create a flier and take RSVPs for out monthly Functional Medicine Nutrition lectures
- Set up meetings with other health professionals.
- Do some limited education regarding diets and food plans (based on our handouts) and do some coaching of certain patients to follow diet, sleep and exercise plans
- Do limited billing on a basic billing program for auto and L&I patient visits
- Use QuickBooks for recording payments and expenses (we will train you in this)
- Prepare QuickBooks for annual and quarterly taxes(we will train you in this)
- Review and do limited editing of medical reports (we will train you in this)
- Communicate with claims persons in auto and work-related injury cases
- Help patients order vitamins and supplements
About our clinic (Peak Medicine) and our doctor: Peak Medicine is a one doctor clinic that is leading edge in Sports and Functional Holistic Medicine. We see patients from teenagers to adults. We do leading edge assessment and treatment of sports and other injuries. We also see patients that are seeking a more Functional Medicine/Natural Medicine approach to medical problems like fatigue, arthritis, autoimmune disease, concussion, weight management, irritable bowel syndrome etc. We also get many patients referred from the hospital Emergency Room for auto accidents and work related injuries.
About our Medical Doctor:Dr. David Musnick MD is very much into nutrition, exercise and improving lifestyle habits. He is a good boss and emphasizes good communication and learning in our clinic. He is a skier, hiker and mountain biker and very much into exercise and nutrition as well as supplements. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Sports Medicine and Functional Medicine. We also do teaching of medical students in the clinic. Dr. Musnick is compassionate, caring and really leading edge and effective in helping his patients get better. He offers Laser, Microcurrent, Prolotherapy and other leading edge treatments at the clinic. He works a lot with diet, lifestyle, supplements and likes to understand the underlying causes of symptoms. conditions and diseases. As a boss he is a really nice guy and easy to work with. He likes to have excellent communication and a really good upbeat attitude in our clinic.
You can view more information about our clinic and Dr. Musnick at www.peakmedicine.com
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and the Mac/Microsoft operating system. (If you just know the PC we can teach you how to use a Mac)
- You must have excellent abilities to concentrate on one task as well as to multitask
- Experience and excellence in reception work is very important
- Must be highly organized on the computer and on your front desk area
- Able to keep a to do list, prioritize tasks and carry over uncompleted tasks
- Good at following a flow of tasks and setting priorities to efficiently get work done
- Must be good with editing as you will be editing for grammar and spelling in medical reports
- You must be willing to follow office policies as well as contribute to improving office procedures
- Training and experience with medical billing, medical coding is desirable but we can also train you in this. Note: in our clinic we bill auto PIP cases and L&I work cases but we do not bill private insurance
- Experience working in the health field
- Training and experience with tracking medical visits that have been billed and collecting on aging dates of service so that accounts receivable stays low. We will train in this.
- Must be good at keeping track of multiple tasks and time lines like outstanding medical reports etc
- Work with QuickBooks is a plus but if not we can train you
- Some experience with professional letters and preparing invoices is important
The job is 40 hours a week (M-F 8:30-5). Wednesday can be a shorter day and there are flex hours on that day as Dr. Musnick does not see patients on that day and it is a day to catch up on billing and other clinic tasks
About you and the type of personality and emotional intelligence we need:
- You must be healthy, into healthy lifestyle, exercise and nutrition. Ideally you are a high energy positive person, health oriented and active
- You must not be shy or severely introverted
- You must be able to communicate professionally with other people in healthcare or other professions that our office works with, like law firms
- You must be able to talk enthusiastically about our services in Sports and Functional Holistic Medicine
- A cheery and warm personality with the ability to communicate well and be sympathetic and kind with patients. You must like people and be likeable
- You must not be passive aggressive and must be able to communicate well and not take things personally
- You must have a very good ability to communicate with patients, doctors and claims persons and other professionals
- You must be a warm personality that people like and be able to be calm and compassionate.
- You must be trustworthy with checks and money
- Must be able to do cooperative problem solving without being defensive to improve the work flow in the clinic
- You are experienced, positive, competent and someone other people would like to work with and our patients would like to interact with
- You must dress professionally and present yourself well to our patients, physicians and professionals that we interact with
Pay and Benefits:
- Pay is commensurate with your experience and community pay rates for this position and starts at least at $19 per hour. Raises are considered at least one time per year.
- Medical insurance will be provided.
- You will get to order nutritional products like vitamins and supplements at wholesale cost.
- You will have access to a free fitness center located in the office park.
- There is a Christmas bonus every year.