Dr. Musnick has a leading-edge, comprehensive and active methods of assessment and treatment of concussion and traumatic brain injuries
Check out Dr. Musnick's interview with Dr. Mark Hyman on the Broken Brain series here: Broken Brain Transcript
- Over 20 years experience
- Dr. Musnick has developed the Functional Medicine approach to Traumatic Brain Injury and has presented this at the Annual Meeting of the Institute for Functional Medicine on the Brain in LA in June 2017 as well as at the Washington and British Columbia Annual meetings in 2018 and in the Adler Giersch Brain Injury Meeting in June 2018.
- His approach to healing brain injury is featured on the documentary “The Broken Brain” by Dr. Mark Hyman
- Dr Musnick’s approach addresses pathophysiology, neural inflammation, oxidative stress, excitotoxicity, brain oxygenation, brain stem cells, brain synaptic connections, and brain structure
- Dr Musnick can manage new or chronic head injury cases and create a program for improvement in brain function and post-concussion symptoms
- Dr Musnick will do an extensive initial assessment. He may include brief neurocognitive testing such as Cambridge Brain Sciences testing or more in depth NeuroPsych testing.
- He may do blood brain barrier and hormone testing and treatment.
- He will work on associated issues like insomnia, Depression, Anxiety, pain, headache, dizziness, vision problems etc.
- Dr Musnick’s starts with foundation treatments like a brain injury diet, supplements, Neuroprotection strategies, exercise, and brain training. He may recommend and administer certain effective modalities including: frequency specific microcurrent, audiovisual entrainment and stress management. He may refer out for other treatments including hyperbaric oxygen, brain spotting, counseling and neurofeedback.
- Integration of treatment strategies to restore brain and memory function
- Treat post-concussion symptoms and all orthopedic injuries that do not require surgery.
- Dr. Musnick has a team of professionals to refer to for treatments or assessments that he does not do.
- Dr Musnick can also manage medical legal cases involving head injury
Some assessment and treatment modalities he employs include:
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent to stimulate synaptic connections, heal the blood brain barrier and decrease inflammation in the brain
- Supplements and diet: Dr. Musnick has developed a supplement program to address the pathophysiology of what the injured brain is doing
- Assessment and addressing intestinal problems and microbiome problems after head injury
- Assessing and treating musculoskeletal pain
- Antibody testing to the blood brain barrier and then correct this problem if need be
- Addressing hormones and correcting them
- Treatments to improve sleep, stress and mood
- Assessment and treatment of the complicated patient in regard to other factors that can impede healing including: past head injuries, mold, chronic infections, Gastrointestinal problems etc
- Written and online neurocognitive assessments, including CNS Vital Signs and Cambridge Brain Sciences (take a sample test below)
- Strategies to address increasing brain oxygen, stimulating NRF2 gene response, and decreasing brain inflammation and free radicals
- Treatment to increase BDNF (Brain Derived Nerve growth Factor)
Take a sample neurocognitive test from Cambridge Brain Sciences now: Take Brain Test